Steps For Moving In
Step 1: Selecting Your Home
- Meet with your Showing Specialist to select the perfect home for you.
Step 2: Filling Out Your Application:
Completely fill out the application (if we cannot read your application it can slow up the process)
- We will need your Driver’s License
- We will need Proof of income – (Your most recent Pay Stubs)
- We will need your Voucher – (if applicable)
- We will need the Application fee ($50.00 Per person this is not refundable as it is used to cover the cost of your background, criminal and credit check.)
Step 3: Approval Process
- A Property Manager will verify documents, run and review background checks, and contact the owner with the information.
- Property manager and/or owner will approve or decline the application.You will receive a call from our office around 5 to 7 work days. If you have not been contacted around 5 to 7 work days please call our office between 9am and 5pm, Monday - Friday and inquire about the status of your application. Our office Phone number is 314-651-6332
Step 4: if Approved
- You need to bring in holding money within 72 hours (3 days). The holding money / Security deposit is proof that you intend to rent this property. If you do not bring in holding money within 72 hours we could rent your home to someone else, and we can only attempt to find you another home from our inventory. If we are unable to do so we still cannot refund your application fee.
- You need to Sign your lease ( call to set appointment for lease signing)
- You need to fill out your Section 8 packet (if applicable)
Step 5: After Holding money is paid and Leases are signed
- We will order the occupancy Inspection on your home
- We will order the section 8 inspection on your home (if applicable)
- Your home must pass both inspections. We make every effort to insure that the properties are ready to pass inspection before we put them on the market. However homes often fail the 1st inspection, (usually for small issues), a technician is sent to address any items that were pointed out and a re-inspection is scheduled. We cannot control delays caused by the inspection process. If the inspectors are backed up it can take up to two weeks to get an inspector out to a property. We will endeavor to keep you informed at every step of the process. Please feel free to call our office if you have not heard an update on your house and you think you may have missed our calls.
Step 6: Once your home passes inspection
- You will be notified that your home is ready.
- You will need to set up utilities in your name and we will verify with utility company.
- You must get and provide to us, a copy of your occupancy permit
- You must provide a copy of your pink slip (if applicable)
- You must pay all move in money required before keys will be issued. This includes: the remainder of Rent Due, Remainder of Security Deposit due, and a $50.00 administrative Fee.
Step 7: Move in
After the above conditions have been met, you may pick up keys, or you will be given the code to a lockbox at your property where you can obtain your keys. Within 72 hours of move in you will need to mail in your move condition report. This allows you to document any damages that you see in the property that you do not want to be held responsible for when you move out.